How In The World Could I Suffer From Tight Hip Muscles?
Not me, it couldn’t be. From the moment I was able to crawl I was as active as could be. I played all day everyday, could I really be suffering from tight hip muscles?
Growing up through elementary school, I played soccer, baseball, basketball and golf competitively.
In High School I received Varsity Letters 3 times for Soccer, 2 times for Basketball, and 3 times for Golf. I was the Captain of the Soccer and Basketball Teams and I even went on to play Soccer at the Collegiate Level for 4 years.
What does all of this have to do with my review of “Unlock Your Hip Flexors”? Well I wanted to share with you how active of a person I was and that I was still affected by tight hip muscles. As you can tell from my background, I knew very little about the hip flexors. The extent of my knowledge was that they were something in the hip area. I had no reason to be concerned with them, I never had any issues, I was a very talented athlete in my opinion. I was always active.
The “Professional” Life
Because of the fact that I majored in Computer Science in college, best case scenario I would find myself working behind a desk with a computer in front of me for 8-9 hours a day.
Fast forward 15 years and 10’s of thousands of hours later sitting sedentary behind a desk and I found myself experiencing annoying and in some cases debilitating sciatica and hip pain. I must say that I consistently ran 3-5 miles at least 3-4 times a week since college so I couldn’t figure out what could be causing the issue. Little did I know that my tight hip muscles were causing these hip muscles pain.
Weight wasn’t necessarily an issue, I wasn’t overweight by any means, but it is true that the pain had forced me to scale back on my running routine and began to make my time sitting at my desk incredibly annoying with the nagging discomfort.
There had to be a solution to this problem, I was determined to research and figure out what could be causing this annoying pain for someone that was as athletic as I considered myself to be.
After months of research and trying thousands of stretching techniques, I finally discovered the amazing program created by Rick Kaselj “Unlock Your Hip Flexors”.
This program was an absolute game changer for me. It has given me the ability to get my pain free life back and has allowed me to resume my normal activities without the nagging and annoying constant discomfort. I no longer have to look at folks playing sports and think about the good ole days, I can now compete and participate again.
In this Digital Age it is extremely important for people to take extra special care and attention to their posture and health and believe it or not, it is crucial that you start with the hip flexors.
I wanted to share my story because I hope that it will be able to help others who were suffering from similar issues.
Now with all of that being said I want to share exactly what the hip muscles are and how this program can help you to release your tight hips.
What Are The Hip Flexors
Rick Kaselj tells us that they are also known as your “psoas” muscles. These muscles connect your torso to your legs, and are involved in practically every movement your body makes.
When we spend a lot of time sitting the psoas tends to stay short and tight. This leads to chronic tightness and forces the rest of your body to compensate, causing poor posture. Unfortunately, being physically active outside of school or work isn’t enough to undo the damage. And this is exactly why I was feeling the effects of the tight hips symptoms while I was in fact running 3-4 times per week.
Impacts Of Tight Hip Muscles
I learned that the “psoas” muscles play a much bigger part than just causing lower back pain.
In the program Rick talks in depth about how the tight hip muscles can affect these other areas in your life as well:
- impaired fight-or-flight response – the psoas naturally gets activated during fight-or-flight, but this gets diminished if your psoas is chronically tight)
- bad posture – when hips are tight, your body compensates in unnatural ways, leading to poor posture and all its related problems
- restricted motion – if you have tight hip flexors, you simply can’t perform certain motions (like hip thrusting) correctly, which can cause many problems including in the bedroom
- workout plateaus – Rick Kaselj has testimontials of people who have immediately broken through weight room plateaus after unlocking their tight hips
- risk for injury – working out when you have tight hip flexors will only make problems worse and could lead to many types of injuries
- fatigue – movement creates energy, so sitting for 8+ hours each day causes you to have less energy even when you’re up and moving around
- hurts your sex life – not only do tight hip flexors make it hard to perform basic movements with your partner, they also make you tired and stressed, both of which make performance even more difficult
What Causes Tight Hip Muscles
Your psoas tightens when you don’t exercise them appropriately or in the right amounts. While this usually happens to all muscles, the difference is that hip flexors are responsible for supporting your whole trunk. That makes them extremely important to your overall physical health. If left alone, you’ll experience issues all over your body, not just in your hips and pelvic area.
One of the biggest problems with the modern lifestyle is that we spend so much of our time seated. From driving, sitting in class, behind a desk, or down at a table while catching up with friends over a meal. It’s too much.
This bad habit has resulted in us not using, and strengthening the muscles we need to support our bodies. You know the saying, if you don’t use it, you lose it. This is exactly what happens with the muscle strength we need and rely upon. They become stiff and it becomes even more difficult to move around. Which results in us sitting more and then we start to show signs of tight hips symptoms and hip muscles pain.
Best Hip Stretches For Tight Hips
Reduce Back Pain with This Hip Flexor Stretch
So What Is In The Program
The program consists of a 63 page PDF book with the following chapters
- Anatomy & Biomechanics of the Hip Flexors
- Meet Your Psoas
- Fight or Flight Muscle for Survival
- How Sitting is Killing You
- Sitting & Your Sex Life
- Increase Power to Increase Performance
- Why You Can’t Fire Your Most Powerful Muscle
- Tight Hips = Fat Storage?
- A Tight Psoas Can Make You LOOK Fat
- Psoas and its Effects on Emotions and Energy
- Why Static Stretching Alone Isn’t the Answer
- The Routine (Exercises 1,2,3,4a,4b,5,6,7,8,9,10)
- About the Authors
- Other Products from Mike & Rick
- The main PDF is 63-pages long and clearly explains the functions of the psoas and why it’s one of the most important muscles in the body
- It has actually fixed my tight hip muscles, so that is perhaps the biggest pro
- The program itself has a FaceBook following of over 250,000 people, indicating that it has worked for other people too
- Unlock Your Hip Flexors is extremely affordable and comes with a 60 day no questions asked guarantee
- There is no magical pill. (This is what everyone hopes for but unfortunately you have to commit to the program for 10-15 minutes each day)
- It is a digital product, so you need a computer or another device to download the PDF and follow the instructions. Although, you can print it if you want.
- Some exercises may be difficult for those that also struggle with knee pain. If you struggle with knee pain you should consult your physician before beginning the program.
How Much Does It Cost
As of the writing of this review the program normally retails at $50.00, but they are currently running a New Year’s Resolution special where you can grab this program for $10.00. In my opinion this is an absolute steal considering the benefits that I have received from it. I honestly would have paid any price to fix this issue in my back and hip without surgery or medications.
For the price of two coffee’s at Starbuck’s you can regain your mobility and your happy lifestyle again!
My Final Thoughts
If you are struggling with tight hip muscles, then this program is an extremely affordable solution. I personally don’t think that you can even put a price tag on quality of life. Unlock Your Hip Flexors gave me the ability to get back to a normal life and only takes about 15-20 minutes per day to complete!
NOTE: You have to be diligent and consistent though. Stretching your hip flexors isn’t something that you can do one day and expect to see the results. You have to understand that it is a muscle and needs to be trained consistently. From my personal experience I began to see tremendous results after the 6th day and that encouraged me to make these exercises a critical part of my daily routine, just like brushing my teeth.
Unfortunately this isn’t a magical pill type of product where you take it once and everything is fixed. The positive spin on this is that you don’t need to take any drugs or medication. You also won’t have to spend a fortune with physical therapists. Just be sure to stretch your muscles each day you will see tremendous results.
Do yourself a favor and commit the 15-20 minutes per day. You will greatly improve your life as well as your loved ones!
You can purchase your own copy of “Unlock Your Hip Flexors” by CLICKING HERE!
If you are looking to drop a few excess pounds and enjoy the power of green tea, you are going to want to read my review of the Red Tea Detox program. It has all the benefits of green tea and much more without the caffeine.